Supported Living Core Values
- Given the right supports, all people, regardless of the nature of their disability, can live successfully in their own home.
- Those supported can live in a typical home or apartment of their choice.
- Support must be flexible and increase or decrease as the person’s needs change.
- All people can get support needed to live safely in their home.
- Those supported will have control over the environment, how the home looks, and make decisions as independently as possible.
- People can be supported to develop relationships and become active community members.
Our highly trained staff will customize supports for you to live in your own home and have an active life. These supports are customized to your needs, goals and desired lifestyle. Our expert Case Managers will help you access generic resources such as In-Home Support Services (IHSS), Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and family supports.
Our Staff Can Help You:
- Manage your money and pay bills
- Attend medical appointments and follow doctor’s orders
- Take care of your household
- Get around safely in the community
- Make decisions
- Communicate effectively
- Build strong positive relationships
- Attend college
- Get a job
- Access Social Security and Medi-Cal